It’s been a long time coming but I have been in the process of trying to find a church that fits my needs and I have yet to be able to find one. I really would like to stick to my Baptist faith a go to a Baptist church but I’m not against any denomination if it feels right to me. I’ve tried Assemblies of God, Mormon, Catholic, Anglican… etc… and none of them really feel like a church that I would call “Home”.
Here is what I am looking for in a church:
- An established choir, and a good choir
- God and Jesus must be separate in their teachings, not the same
- It must be a well established church, no new age crap for me
- They must “meet” on a flexible schedule.
- So, meeting 1 day a weekend, on a Sunday is not going to cut it for me. I need to have options to be able to work with when it comes to worship.
- The population must be a good mix between young and old
- They must be laid back (not easy going) but laid back
- If they serve coffee, that’s a definite plus
- They must be accepting of people from different backgrounds
- I don’t want to feel like I’m walking into a KKK meeting
- They must have a Women’s Ministry or Women’s Club
- They must be active in doing/taking mission trips
And you may not believe this but finding One church that meets all those criteria is actually a hell of a lot hard than you would think it is. I’ve been to some pretty cool churches that just didn’t “do it for me”.
And if you’re a church, that all you ever talk about is money, I’m out like a Girl Scout.
(Cough – James River Church – Cough)
So I’m going to try a historical church in town that has some pretty good reviews, they seem to fit everything that I am looking for in a church so we will see how it goes.